1. Description of Service. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com is a website service (the “Service” whereby people can engage in discussion about various issues affecting them. You will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username. You understand and agree that the Service is provided to you on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service or any other client software. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
You must be at least eight teen (18) years of age to use the Service. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
2. Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Service, for any posts you make, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all United States export control laws.
You agree to abide by the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Content Policy and the rules and restrictions therein. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Content Policy, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Content Policy at any time, and you agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
Violation of any of the foregoing, including the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Content Policy may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to (a) determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or (b) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Much of the content of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com — including the contents of specific postings — is provided by and is the responsibility of the person or people who made such postings. While FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com does monitor the content of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com to ensure Global Policy conformant, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com takes no responsibility for Published Content. Instead, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com merely provides access to such content as a service to you.
By their very nature, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate material, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. We expect that you will use caution and common sense and exercise proper judgment when using FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com.
FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any communications posted via the Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Service. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted via the Service will be at your own risk.
4. General Practices Regarding Use and Storage. You agree that FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Service. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com retains the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
5. Content of the Service. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com takes no responsibility for third-party content (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor does FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com have any obligation to monitor such third-party content. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com reserves the right at all times to remove or refuse to distribute any content on the Service, such as content which violates the terms of this Agreement. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as it reasonably believes is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce this Agreement, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (d) respond to user support requests, or (e) protect the rights, property or safety of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com, its users and the public. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com will not be responsible or liable for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights under this Agreement.
6. Intellectual Property Rights. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com’s Intellectual Property Rights. You acknowledge that FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com owns all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including all intellectual property rights. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com. Rights are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, you agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Service. You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automated device, or manual process to monitor or copy any content from the Service. As described immediately below, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Rights do not include third-party content used as part of the Service, including the content of communications appearing on the Service.
You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content submitted.
You may choose to submit, post, and display any materials on or through the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com service or under a public license (e.g. a Creative Commons license), whether by manually marking your materials as such or using FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com service tools to do so. For avoidance of doubt, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com is not a party to any such public license between you and any third party. Also, for avoidance of doubt, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com may choose to exercise the rights granted under (a) the public license or licenses, if any, you apply to your materials or (b) this Agreement.
7. No Resale of the Service. Unless expressly authorized in writing by FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any portion of the Service, (b) use of the Service, or (c) access to the Service.
8. Publicity. Any use of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features (“Brand Features”), must be in compliance with this Agreement and only used with the written permission of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com
9. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com to participate in the Service is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
10. Termination; Suspension. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason, terminate the Service, terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate your account. In the event of termination, your account will be disabled and you may not be granted access to your account or any files or other content contained in your account although residual copies of information may remain in our system for some time for back-up purposes.
11. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
12. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com.
13. Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms of Service remain in full force and effect.
14. Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising of or related to use of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com services or the Terms of Service must be filed within six months after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
15. Choice of Law; Jurisdiction; Forum. These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. Any claims, legal proceeding or litigation arising in connection with the Service will be brought solely in Fairfield County, Connecticut, and you consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
16. Copyright Information. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
17. Content Monitoring. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com reserves all rights to monitor and review all Published Content, including those marked Private by the Customer, in order to investigate and monitor all compliance with the Terms of Service and all other Global Policies.
18. Impersonation. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com does not allow impersonation of others through our services in a manner that is intended to or does mislead or confuse others. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com has a zero-tolerance policy against members impersonating themselves as members of FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com or any account or Service provided by FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com.
19. Solicitation. FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com does not allow soliciting funds or signatures, conducting membership drives, posting, distributing literature or gifts, offering to sell or to purchase merchandise or services, or engaging in any other solicitation, distribution, or similar activity on FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Services unless such approval is given in writing by FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com.
20. Identifiable Information. In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service and (b) maintain and promptly update your Identifiable Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any Identifiable Information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
21. Data Forging. Forging or misrepresenting data, either manually or via automated systems, whether in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
22. Unsolicited Commercial E-mail. The abuse and misuse of the FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com Services, including e-mail, internal private messages, shoutouts, or any other Service are a serious problem and it will not be tolerated. The use of webpages set up on ISPs that allow SPAM-ing (also known as “ghost sites”) that directly or indirectly reference customers to domains or IP addresses provided by FreeExchangeOfIdeasAndInformation.Com. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to facilitate a means to SPAM. Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the true origin of the message.